The benefit of insurance is to transfer the risk of loss to a company in exchange for a premium. The deductible is an amount the insured pays out of pocket before the insurance starts covering the
FREDDIE MAC MORTGAGE RATES For The Week Ending October 15 2015
Oct 15, 2015 - Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®), showing average fixed mortgage rates nudging higher throughout the beginning of the week.
However, Fed comments suggesting it may not raise short-term interest rates yesterday, coupled with weaker than expected consumer demand, pushed Treasury yields lower suggesting interest rates may remain lower than reported a while longer.
• 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.82 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending October 15, 2015, up from last week when it averaged 3.76 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.97 percent.
• 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.03 percent with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.99 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.18 percent.
• 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.88 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.92 percent.
• 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.54 percent this week with an average 0.2 point, down from 2.55 percent last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.38 percent.
• Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage.
Quote: Attributed to Sean Becketti, chief economist, Freddie Mac."As the shock of the weak September employment report wore off, Treasury rates drifted higher. In response, the 30-year mortgage rate climbed 6 basis points to 3.82 percent, marking 12 consecutive weeks below 4 percent. Late-breaking news suggests mortgage rates may remain in this territory a while longer. After this week's survey closed, Federal Reserve Governor Daniel Tarullo was quoted suggesting the Fed may not act this year, and Wednesday the 10-year Treasury closed under 2 percent in reaction to economic releases indicating weak consumer demand."
"There is no substitute for experience!" Growing up on Long Island, N.Y., Bart learned many things from his mom, who was a real estate attorney. He worked as a buyer in retail sportswear in New York u....
Latest Blog Posts
RCLCO, a real estate consultancy, ranks master-planned communities every year based on sales. Our Summerlin ranked No. 4 this year. Summerlin is located in the northwest corner of the Las Vegas
Even though Las Vegas's McCarran International Airport is one of the most passenger-friendly airports on the planet--universal FREE Wi-Fi!!!!!, flying is still a hassle. So I am going to help
Nothing's worse than realizing your device has less than 10 percent battery life left. And that's especially bad when you're on a hot streak at the Vegas tables!Station Casinos has fixed this,