Las Vegas 1st Time Home Buyers May Be Forced out of the Las Vegas Real Estate MarketRising interest rates combined with low inventory and rising home prices may get some Las Vegas 1st Time Home
FREDDIE MAC MORTGAGE RATES For The Week Ending October 15 2015
Oct 15, 2015 - Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®), showing average fixed mortgage rates nudging higher throughout the beginning of the week.
However, Fed comments suggesting it may not raise short-term interest rates yesterday, coupled with weaker than expected consumer demand, pushed Treasury yields lower suggesting interest rates may remain lower than reported a while longer.
• 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.82 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending October 15, 2015, up from last week when it averaged 3.76 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.97 percent.
• 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.03 percent with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.99 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.18 percent.
• 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.88 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.92 percent.
• 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.54 percent this week with an average 0.2 point, down from 2.55 percent last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.38 percent.
• Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage.
Quote: Attributed to Sean Becketti, chief economist, Freddie Mac."As the shock of the weak September employment report wore off, Treasury rates drifted higher. In response, the 30-year mortgage rate climbed 6 basis points to 3.82 percent, marking 12 consecutive weeks below 4 percent. Late-breaking news suggests mortgage rates may remain in this territory a while longer. After this week's survey closed, Federal Reserve Governor Daniel Tarullo was quoted suggesting the Fed may not act this year, and Wednesday the 10-year Treasury closed under 2 percent in reaction to economic releases indicating weak consumer demand."
"There is no substitute for experience!" Growing up on Long Island, N.Y., Bart learned many things from his mom, who was a real estate attorney. He worked as a buyer in retail sportswear in New York u....
Latest Blog Posts
Who remembers Pi from high school math? That's the number that goes on to infinity; I remember 3.14159.... That makes every March 14th (3.14) PI day. ;
The Las Vegas City Council just levied a $72,900 fine to a homeowner for leasing her home on Airbnb and HomeAway without a license. I told you so:http://bethellynrosenthal.nv.exprealty.com
In year 13 I had to spend almost $11,000 replumbing and rewiring one of my rent houses because the builder cut corners back in 1995.Yes, I had a home inspection. But here in Nevada, licensed home